Have a story that you’d like to see on Waterborne?
We love featuring young salts and their stories. Whether it’s a new skill you’ve learned, an adventure you went on, a way to sail for less money… we want to hear about it! We don’t pay for articles but it’s a great way to share your knowledge and experience with other young sailors like yourself. We’re also happy to help promote any sailing related projects that you’re working on (e.g. blogs, vlogs, etc.).
How can I submit a story?
1. Take a look at the Waterborne site, the various categories (Travel, Living on a boat, People etc.), and read some of the articles to give you an idea of what type of story would be a good fit. Here are some of the most read guest posts on Waterborne:
- When your partner falls in love with a sailboat
- Small boat, small budget, BIG adventure
- Buy the boat
- Brave – why I let my kids play with an Apex predator
- How to troubleshoot outboard motors
- Find your sailing community
- Brighten up your boat with non-skid deck paint
2. Please send an e-mail with a couple of lines describing your story idea to [email protected] That way we can help you shape your idea before you sit down and write or film it, and ensure it’s a good fit for the website.
3. Tell your story. We accept articles, photos and video. If you send us an article it’s important that you provide at least 500 words and 3 awesome photographs. Send your story to [email protected] and don’t forget to include important details like your name, age, boat type, bio, and any links to your sailing web site or social media pages.
What if I just have an idea or something I’d like to learn about, and don’t actually want to write a story?
That’s great! Send your ideas to [email protected] and we’ll do our best to get them written and posted.